Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer Review
The Arizer Extreme Q is a desktop vaporizer that is relatively inexpensive, especially in comparison to others of its kind. This impressive dry herb desktop vaporizer offers the option for use with either bag style vaping or whip style. The device looks similar to a coffeemaker, but don’t let the looks fool you. It most certainly is not a kitchen appliance. What advantages does this desktop vaporizer offer that others don’t, and what are some of its drawbacks? Is the Arizer Extreme Q the vaporizer for you? Read on to find out more.
- 1 Arizer Extreme Q Overview
- 2 How to use the Arizer Extreme Q?
- 3 Arizer EQ Ease of Use
- 4 Arizer Extreme Q Whip Accessory
- 5 Vapor Quality on the Arizer Extreme Q
- 6 What Comes With the Arizer Extreme Q?
- 7 Best Arizer EQ Tips and Tricks
- 8 How to clean the Arizer Extreme Q?
Arizer Extreme Q Overview
Arizer has been a mainstay in the cannabis vaporizers community due to its solid reputation for building high-quality devices that last. Since the Extreme Q release all the way back in 2010, users have been happily reporting that their vaporizers have been working without any issues after years of heavy use. As an entry-level desktop vaporizer, the Extreme Q performs very well for its price point, and also comes with a welcoming kit right out of the box.
How to use the Arizer Extreme Q?
The Extreme Q offers to-the-number temperature controls, which are very accurate for its affordable price tag. Its temperature range is an impressive 50°C to 260°C, which competes against some of the high-end desktop vapes like the Volcano, and obviously blows most portable vaporizers out of the water. The Extreme Q gets to your selected temperature at a blazing speed of 30 seconds, which is much quicker than that of its higher-priced competitor, the Hybrid Volcano. Since the Volcano is obviously more expensive, it does beat the EQ when it comes to bag filling time: The Volcano takes only about 30 seconds, while the Extreme Q fills up a bag in about 90. This is a fair trade-off as far as we are concerned.
The Arizer Extreme Q comes with a remote control that gives you a few options that the base buttons of the device do not. The remote might seem like an unnecessary thing to some users, considering you’ll have to lean forward to take a rip anyway, but we like it because it gives you some more options as far as controlling the speed of the fan or arriving at the exact temperature that is perfect for your vaping preference. The bottom of the Extreme Q has a blue light that looks pretty cool, especially in the dark.
To use the Extreme Q, just pack a bowl of your dry herbs, attach the bowl to the heating element that’s made of ceramic, connect the bag or the included tube on top, and flip the power switch to activate the fan. Let the device heat up, then fill up a bag with vapor or turn the fan off and inhale directly using the included tube, and enjoy a relaxing session. The bowl other accessories tend to get extremely hot after a full session, so be aware that It is best practice to let the device cool down for a few minutes before reloading or clearing out the chamber. Arizer makes the claim that the Extreme Q features a noise level reduction of 77% percent over some of the older models. This figure is nearly impossible to confirm, but the device is pretty quiet overall, especially for its powerful capabilities, and it does seem to make less noise than its predecessors. Just know they the “q” in the name is supposed to stand for quiet!
Arizer EQ Ease of Use
With the remote control and digital display, the EQ is very easy to use and understand. Once you understand that it works with a bit of a pre-heat time of around 15 minutes for the best vapor quality, it will really begin to shine. If that is too long of a wait, you might consider something even more convenient like the Zeus Arc GTS Hub. With the EQ however, you are free to leave it plugged in and on temperature for hours on end to resume a session at anytime by refilling the chamber while it is still hot.
Arizer Extreme Q Whip Accessory
With the included whip and bag accessories, you’ll have access to a lot of vapor at a lower temperature than you’ll be used to. Be warned though, beginners won’t be used to the volume or potency of a big vapor inhale. The bag provides a lot of cooling surface area and you can hold on to the clouds for later so inhaling will be more like air than hot vapor from other cannabis vaporizers. You’ll be able to play around with different settings to fill up bags to cater to your unique preferences as well! We’ve found that a mid range temperature with a lower fan setting will get an awesome terpene profile for hits.
Vapor Quality on the Arizer Extreme Q
The vapor quality of the Extreme Q is not on par with that of the much more expensive Volcano, but the vapor quality is still great for the price. We noticed tastier rips when using the bag, but there have generally been no complaints about the whip, either. Overall the vapor taste is super smooth and will tend to never be overwhelming or underwhelming if you are running hot or low temperatures.
What Comes With the Arizer Extreme Q?
Right out of the box, the Arizer Extreme Q comes with a kit to get you started with awesome vapor quality. The box comes with the EQ vape, two mouthpieces, two balloon attachments, two bowls, a whip that is three feet long, a dish that can be used with potpourri and other aromatherapy scents, additional replacement screens, and a stirring tool that is made from glass. It also comes with a respectable 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The Arizer Extreme Q is perhaps the most affordable desktop vaporizer you can buy
- The device features a lot of accessories that increase the kit’s value
- The EQ features a ceramic heating element and glass stems which ensures vapor quality and no aftertaste
- The temperature controls are down to the exact number, and you’ll be able to play around with a variety of settings
- A three year warranty is solid for the cost
- This device comes with a significant amount of components that are made of glass. These parts tend to be a bit fragile, can break easily, and will need to be cleaned often
- The glass piece on the Extreme Q must be inserted into a small tube made from plastic which is a tight fit and can be potentially problematic, leading to breakage
- All of the little glass parts can be confusing to beginners
- Unlike some of the other models of its kind, the bags that come with the Extreme Q do not have any kind of valve, which means users have to keep pressure on the bag with a finger seal
Best Arizer EQ Tips and Tricks
Admittedly, the EQ will take a bit of getting used to before you’ll get your unique preferences down on the vape, but here are some general bast practice tips to get awesome sessions in:
- Low Heat / Fan Balloon Fills – If you want a bag that will blow your mind, then this is the best setting.
- Salvage your silicone hose resin – Instead of throwing out your hoses as they age, try cutting them open and scraping the resin out. This can be used for high potency edibles.
- Elbow Packing – Elbow Packing will allow for huge clouds perfect for vaping connoisseurs.
To do this pack the elbow with finely ground herb and fill the the crease up three quarters full. After a three to five minute preheating period and turning the fan to medium speed for a few seconds. This will heat the ceramic element and cook the bud slightly for potent than normal hits.
How to clean the Arizer Extreme Q?
Although it might seem like there is a lot of cleaning to be done on the EQ, it is actually a relatively simple process. Follow along with these easy steps to keep your desktop vape in peak condition:
- Start by removing the cyclone bowl and cleaning out any debris with alcohol wipes
- Remove the whip, glass elbow adapter, mouthpiece from both ends. Remove the dome screen as well.
- Set all of your glass pieces and screen and set them in a cup of isopropyl alcohol to soak for thirty minutes. After that, give them a wipe down with a q-tip and a rinse down with warm water.
- After waiting for everything to fully dry, reassemble and you’ll be good to vape again with a clean device!
Even 10 years after its release and multiple versions later, the Arizer EQ vaporizer is still performing very well. While it lags behind the Hybrid Volcano due to the massive price difference, the changes to the glass and design over the years have kept it relevant as a consistent desktop vaporizer. With a wide variety of glass accessories to use, the vapor quality is boosted that much more and the bag and whip will have your vape as a hit at parties for sure.
What do you think about the Arizer Extreme Q desktop vaporizer? Do you own one of these devices, or know someone who does? What are its strengths and weaknesses? Is it the best desktop vaporizer available? If not, what do you think is the best? Let us know in the comments.
As desktop vaporizers are not released very often, the release of the Arizer XQ2 is that much more exciting. Read our Arizer XQ2 Review for more info!
Check back right here for more great reviews just like this one. Follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and to be entered to win prizes! Until next time, it’s 4:20 somewhere!