- 1 Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer Video Review
- 2 Is the Arizer Extreme Q still worth it?
- 3 Arizer Extreme Q Specs
- 4 The Design hasn’t changed much since 2010
- 5 What’s in the Arizer Extreme Q kit?
- 6 How to use the Arizer Extreme Q?
- 7 Arizer Extreme Q Whip Accessory
- 8 Arizer Extreme Q Vapor Quality
- 9 Best Arizer Extreme Q Tips and Tricks
- 10 How to clean the Arizer Extreme Q?
- 11 Pros
- 12 Cons
- 13 Final thoughts
- 14 FAQs
Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer Video Review
Is the Arizer Extreme Q still worth it?
It has a balloon and whip-style vaping option, and although the device looks similar to a coffeemaker, don’t let the looks fool you – It most certainly is not a kitchen appliance.
In this review, we’ll be giving you a complete review of Extreme Q’s key features, pros and cons, and as well how it stacks up to its competition in modern times. Let’s get into it.
Arizer Extreme Q Specs
|Material Compatibility||Dry Herb|
|Heat Up Time||1-5 mins.|
50° C – 260° C / 122° F – 500° F
|Vapor Path Way||Glass|
Glass Bowls, Balloons, Whips
|Warranty Period||3 Years|
The Design hasn’t changed much since 2010
Arizer has been a mainstay in the Cannabis Vaporizers community due to its solid reputation for building high-quality devices that last. Since the Extreme Q release all the way back in 2010, users have been happily reporting that their vaporizers have been working without any issues after years of heavy usage. As an entry-level desktop vaporizer, the Extreme Q performs very well for its price point, and also comes with a welcoming kit right out of the box.
While it isn’t as flashy as the newer version, the Arizer XQ2, it still performs relatively well and will be able to get the job done without any flashy gizmos.
What’s in the Arizer Extreme Q kit?
Right out of the box, the Arizer Extreme Q comes with an inclusive kit to get you started right. The box comes with the EQ vape, two mouthpieces, two balloon attachments, two bowls, a whip that is three feet long, a dish that can be used with potpourri and other aromatherapy scents, additional replacement screens, and a stirring tool that is made from glass. It also comes with a respectable 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
How to use the Arizer Extreme Q?
The Extreme Q offers precision temperature control which are very accurate for the affordable price tag. With a wide range of 50°C to 260°C to set, you’ll have a lot of different options to test for all kinds of preferences. With a heat-up time of only 30 seconds, you won’t have to spend any time around waiting like you might have to with a portable dry herb vaporizer.
As a desktop vaporizer, the first thing you’ll be doing is plugging in the Arizer Extreme Q Power Supply Cord
The Arizer Extreme Q comes with a remote control that gives you a few options that the base buttons of the device do not. The remote might seem like an unnecessary thing to some users, considering you’ll have to lean forward to take a rip anyway, but we like it because it gives you some more options as far as controlling the speed of the fan or arriving at the exact temperature that is perfect for your vaping preference.
To use the Extreme Q, pack up to 0.5g into the Arizer Glass Cyclone Bowl, and then attach the bowl to the ceramic heating element.
From there, just attach the balloon connector to the Extreme Q Glass Mini Whip, and then flip the power switch to activate the fan.
Once your Arizer Balloon Bag is filled after about ninety seconds, enjoy a relaxing session full of flavor. The bowl other accessories tend to get extremely hot after a full session, so be aware that It is best practice to let the device cool down for a few minutes before handling them again.
Arizer makes the claim that the Extreme Q 4.0 features a noise level reduction of 77% percent over some of the older models. This figure is nearly impossible to confirm, but the device is pretty quiet overall, especially for its powerful capabilities, and it does seem to make less noise than its predecessors. Just know they the “q” in the name is supposed to stand for quiet!
Arizer Extreme Q Whip Accessory
With the included Arizer 3 Foot Silicone Whip accessory, you’ll have access to a lot of vapor at a lower temperature than you’ll be used to from more expensive portable devices.
Be warned though, beginners won’t be used to the volume or potency that the EQ can put out on higher temperatures. The bag provides a lot more cooling surface area and cooling time than the whip does, but with the whip you’ll be able to activate the fan for easier inhales which is great for medicinal users. We’ve found that a mid range temperature with a lower fan setting will get an awesome terpene profile for hits from either a bag or whip.
- As an added bonus, the Glass Elbow Adapter that the whip uses will let you rotate the whip around 360° for easy vapor sharing
Arizer Extreme Q Vapor Quality
The vapor quality of the Extreme Q is not on par with that of the much more expensive Volcano Hybrid, but the vapor quality is still great for the price. We noticed tastier rips when using the bag, but there have generally been no complaints about the whip, either. Overall the vapor taste is super smooth and will tend to never be overwhelming or underwhelming if you are running hot or low temperatures.
- You can read about how it’s different than the Hybrid in our Volcano Hybrid vs Arizer Extreme Q Comparison.
Best Arizer Extreme Q Tips and Tricks
Admittedly, the EQ will take a bit of getting used to before you’ll get your unique preferences down on the vape, but here are some general bast practice tips to get awesome sessions in:
- Low Heat / Fan Balloon Fills – If you want a bag that will blow your mind, then this is the best setting.
- Salvage your silicone hose resin – Instead of throwing out your hoses as they age, try cutting them open and scraping the resin out. This can be used for high potency edibles.
- Elbow Packing – Elbow Packing will allow for huge clouds perfect for vaping connoisseurs.
- To do this pack the elbow with finely ground herb and fill the the crease up three quarters full. After a three to five minute preheating period and turning the fan to medium speed for a few seconds. This will heat the ceramic element and cook the bud slightly for potent than normal hits.
How to clean the Arizer Extreme Q?
Although it might seem like there is a lot of cleaning to be done on the EQ, it is actually a relatively simple process since most of the parts are glass. Follow along with these easy steps to keep your desktop vape in peak condition:
- Start by removing the cyclone bowl and cleaning out any debris with alcohol wipes
- Remove the whip, glass elbow adapter, mouthpiece from both ends. Remove the dome screen as well.
- Set all of your glass pieces in a cup of Orange Chronic to soak for thirty minutes. After that, give them a wipe down with a Q-tip and a rinse down with warm water.
- After waiting for everything to fully dry, reassemble and you’ll be good to vape again with a clean device!
- The Arizer Extreme Q is perhaps the most affordable desktop vaporizer you can buy
- The device features a lot of accessories that increase the kit’s value
- The EQ features a ceramic heating element and glass stems which ensures vapor quality and no aftertaste
- The temperature controls are down to the exact number, and you’ll be able to play around with a variety of settings
- A three year warranty is solid for the cost
- 10mm balloon mouthpiece for vape bubblers
- This device comes with a significant amount of components that are made of glass. These parts tend to be a bit fragile, can break easily, and will need to be cleaned often
- The glass piece on the Extreme Q must be inserted into a small tube made from plastic which is a tight fit and can be potentially problematic, leading to breakage
- Unlike some of the other models of its kind, the bags that come with the Extreme Q do not have any kind of valve included, so make sure to pick up Arizer XQ2 Balloon Caps
Even 10 years after its release and multiple versions later, the Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer is still performing very well to this day.
While it lags behind the Hybrid Volcano due to the massive price difference, the changes to the glass and design over the years have kept it relevant as a consistent desktop vaporizer.
With a wide variety of glass accessories to use, the vapor quality is boosted that much more and the bag and whip will have your vape as a hit at parties for sure & as for now it still sits near the top of our list of the Best Tabletop Dry Herb Vapes.
- As desktop vaporizers are not released very often, the release of the Arizer XQ2 is that much more exciting. Read our Arizer XQ2 Review for more info!
What’s the difference between the Extreme Q and V-Tower?
The Extreme Q has a better overall kit, a darker color, and is now compatible with balloons.
What is an Arizer heat soak?
A heat soak on an Arizer glass chamber allows for more time for the glass to heat up for more conduction extraction of your dry herb.
What’s the best temperature for the Extreme Q?
We normally recommend people start at 180°C / 428°F on their Extreme Q, and then adjust to their liking from there.
How do I set up the Arizer Extreme Q?
First, load the bowl, and then on the top of the bowl, either load the glass whip or the elbow attachment for balloons.
How do you clean the glass bowl of the Extreme Q?
To clean the glass bowl and other glass accessories, you can soak them in warm soapy water or isopropyl alcohol.
How to vape hash in the Extreme Q?
To vape hash in your Extreme Q you can either place some hash into the included dome screen from the kit, and then place it into the glass bowl as normal, or you can take a small rip of your hash and sprinkle it on all sides with small clumps of dry herb. Either method will prevent your hash from melting down into the heating element, which is something you want to avoid.