Boundless CFX+ Review
The Boundless CFX Vaporizer has long been hailed as one of the best entry-level portable and hybrid heated dry herb vapes and the successor has recently been released, the CFX+. Launching in April 2022, we’ve had time to go over its many key features that we figured are worth discussing. In this review, we’ll be going over the new key features and upgrades, and comparing them to the CFX and other popular dry herb vapes to see how the device holds up. So let’s get into it.
What’s in the Boundless CFX+ Box?
- x1 Boundless CFX+ Vaporizer
- x1 USB-C Charging Cable
- x2 Mouthpiece Screens
- x1 CFX+ Cleaning Brush
- x1 User Manual
Boundless CFX+ vs Boundless CFX
- Upgraded ceramic chamber and funnel
- Integrated mouthpiece design
- Magnetically attached mouthpiece with attached stir tool
- Cooling zirconia isolated air path
- USB-C Charging vs Micro-USB
Is the CFX+ more portable than the CFX?
The CFX+ is about an inch shorter than the original, coming in at roughly 4 x 2.5 x 1 in. With a new and more rugged grooved plastic exterior, the CFX+ should feel great in the hand, and is more than easy to fit into any pocket.
How’s the Boundless CFX+ Vapor Quality?
With an upgraded zirconia mouthpiece insert and increased air flow through the chamber, you can expect to get bigger clouds and cooler vapor from the CFX+ compared to the original. The only downside is that the air intake ports are a bit smaller so the draw restriction is a bit higher which is made worse by the small and awkward mouthpiece.
How to use the Boundless CFX Plus?
- To power the CFX+ on and off, simply press and hold the up and down buttons for three seconds.
- When you press both temperature buttons at the same time will give you access to the menu including changing Celsius to Fahrenheit, two to eight minute session timers, screen brightness, set four pre-set temperatures, or operate in precision mode (single degree increments)
- When you’re in the menu, you can click both the up and down arrows to go into a setting option, and then click the up and down arrows to set your option
- To leave the menu, click both the up and down arrow on the top ‘start’ text
For when you want to have a session, simply pop the magnetic mouthpiece lid off, and load your flower into the ceramic chamber. As the new funnel design doesn’t have a divot where debris could be stuck like on the CFX, all you’ll have to do is sweep the product in. With a very fast heat-up time of around 20 seconds, the hybrid oven will be able to get a lot of cloud production almost immediately and throughout the whole session.
Improved air intake screen, stir tool, and strip magnets
Conclusion – Boundless CFX Vaporizer Preview
In conclusion, the Boundless CFX+ is a decent vaporizer but the changes from the original CFX aren’t anything to write home about. I look forward in the future to having a stray-style mouthpiece accessory that will help the draw restriction and make it better to share with friends.
Also be sure to check out our Mighty+ review!