Is the Tronian Nutron worth it?
Tronian has been releasing many budget-friendly 510-thread battery vaporizers lately, and their newest is called the Nutron! The Tronian Nutron is similar to the other oil pen vapes on the market, with a few nice little bonus features tucked inside that really make it swing above its 15-dollar weight class! In this review, we’ll be giving you a rundown of its key features including USB charging, 3-voltage settings, and portability! Sit back, relax, and read on to see if this is the right 510-Thread Battery for you or not!
- 1 Tronian Nutron Specs + Ratings
- 2 Tronian Nutron Vapor Quality?
- 3 How easy is it to use the Tronian Nutron?
- 4 Tips and Tricks
- 5 How long does the battery last?
- 6 Tronian Nutron Portability
- 7 What’s in the Tronian Nutron kit?
- 8 Manufacturer reputation and dependability
- 9 Who’s the Nutron best for?
- 10 Final Thoughts
Tronian Nutron Specs + Ratings
|Battery life||1 Day (Heavy User)|
|Heat up time||2-5 Secs.|
|Temperature control||3 Voltages|
|Temperature Range||2.6V, 3.3V, 4.0V|
|Oven Size||0.5mL and 1mL carts|
|Accessories||Core 1.0 Buckets, V5 Atomizers|
|Warranty period||1 Year|
|Ease of Use||10/10|
|Ease of Cleaning||8/10|
Tronian Nutron Vapor Quality?
The Tronian Nutron is special in the fact that it allows you to change between 3 different voltage settings. This may not seem like much, but the vast majority of oil vapes out there only allow for one fixed voltage setting. The three different voltages definitely change the experience and you can certainly taste the different in flavor and notice the vapor density shift from low to high. For this reason alone, we prefer the Nutron over other oil pen vapes in the market. Not being draw-activated is also a huge plus as it will let you pre-heat thick or clogged oil cartridges that draw-activated ones can’t handle.
How easy is it to use the Tronian Nutron?
Oil pen vapes are so simple to use and the Nutron is quite simple to get the hang of.
- Simply thread on any 510-threaded atomizer and then click the unit 5 times to turn it on.
- From there, a triple click will cycle between the 3 pre-programmed voltage settings.
- Once you’ve chosen the power level you want to be at, simply hold down the power button and inhale.
Within seconds you should be breathing in a thick cloud of vapor. There’s no cleaning to do and all in all, it’s as simple as could be. A monkey could probably figure out how to use this device so you shouldn’t have a problem at all.
With the three voltage settings, you’ll be able to customize how you want your vapor!
- With green your vapor will be full of terpenes, but your clouds won’t be very big, perfect for beginners
- With blue your vapor will be a combination of flavor and cloud production, perfect for the average user
- With red your vapor will give your the biggest clouds and have the harshest vapor, if you’re after big clouds and don’t mind coughing, this will be the voltage for you!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some Tronian Nutron tips & tricks we have to share!
- Use the best oil cartridges around – many are low quality and potentially hazardous to health.
- Pulse the power button a few times before going for your hits if you want big rips.
- Keep the battery topped off as often as possible to make sure you’re never out of power.
How long does the battery last?
Packed inside the Nutron is a 230mAh battery which will last a full day or two of constant hits, or weeks if you’re an occasional toker like myself. You shouldn’t worry about going flat when out and about for the day, provided you charge it beforehand. One complaint we have though about the unit is that it uses a dated 510-threaded USB charger. These are a little wonky and finnicky to say the least, and we much prefer a standard Micro-USB port instead. If you think you might lose the USB charger, you might want to go for the sister device, the Tronian Pitron, which has a Micro-USB port.
Tronian Nutron Portability
These little vapes are so teensy tiny but still manage to pack a nice punch. Aptly named, oil pen vapes are the size of a pen and can go practically anywhere with you – the bar, café, or a walk in the park. In fact, you might lose it in your pocket a couple of times. They’re really that tiny.
If you’re looking for the stealthiest way to have weed, then an oil vape is the way to go. While we prefer dry herb vaporizers or dab pens for flavor and effects, there’s no denying how useful these little things are.
What’s in the Tronian Nutron kit?
You get a barebones kit with the Nutron, and only get the following in the box:
- Tronian Nutron
- 510-threaded USB charge
- Quick start manual
Not like there’s much else you need inside the box for an oil vape.
Manufacturer reputation and dependability
Tronian is a fairly new name to the game and they’ve been putting out some pretty decent devices out there. Nothing mind blowing or game-changing, but solid and very well priced. Reliability issues happen from time to time like most any budget brand out there but overall, we have no complaints about their units!
Who’s the Nutron best for?
This vape is excellent for those looking to have a discreet way of vaping their oils.
We wouldn’t say this vape is great for particularly heavy users or those who like dry herb/wax.
As always, we’d recommend picking up a refillable 510 thread vape cartridge if you like making your own distillates.
We’re quite satisfied with the Tronian Nutron considering the price and other virtues. While the charger isn’t our favorite setup and we prefer a closed-in design to keep your cartridge safe from falls, the Nutron is fine for what it is. The variable voltage is the real winner here and without it the Nutron would be rated the same as other cheap oil pen vapes. With that ability though, it comfortably sets in a tier above the others.