- 1 Lookah Dragon Egg Dab Rig Introduction and Overview
- 2 Lookah Dragon Egg Specs
- 3 What makes the Dragon Egg by Lookah unique?
- 4 How to Use the Lookah Dragon Egg?
- 5 Heating Element and Temperature Control
- 6 Lookah Egg Vapor Quality
- 7 Dragon Egg Vape Portability
- 8 Strong Battery Life
- 9 Lookah Dragon Egg Accessories & included items
- 10 XMAX Qomo vs. Lookah Dragon Egg
- 11 Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- 12 Who’s the Dragon Egg best for?
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 Conclusion & Community Consensus
- 16 FAQs
Lookah Dragon Egg Dab Rig Introduction and Overview
The Lookah Dragon Egg is a new budget E-Rig that’s been making waves for its smooth vapor quality and portable design.
- For my testing, I used some wax and was surprised at how well it performed despite being an E-Rig under $100.
In this review, I’ll be going over what makes it a unique E-Rig, who I think it’s best for, and the best tips and tricks I found during my testing! So, is the Lookah Dragon Egg worth it?
With a unique portable dab rig design and compact atomizer system, the flavor and vapor are surprisingly good. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty details to see if it’s worth buying for yourself.
Lookah Dragon Egg Specs
|Pass Through Charging
|950mAh / x20 30 seconds cycles
|Heat Up Time
|3.2V / 3.6V / 4.0V
|350F to 450F / 177°C – 232°C
|Coil Upgrades Available
|30 Days After Purchase
|168mm by 55mm by 55mm
What makes the Dragon Egg by Lookah unique?
What makes the Dragon Egg unique is its ability to perform quite well despite the low price tag!
- There is some nice manufacturing quality on things like the magnetic flip carb cap over the atomizer, and the cool design of the bubbler.
The bubbler is spined and probably where the ‘Dragon Egg’ name comes from. Even if it doesn’t add anything to the vapor quality and is just cosmetic, it makes the Rig look pretty cool!
How to Use the Lookah Dragon Egg?
It’s super easy to use and a good session is just a few steps away!
First, open the magnetic carb cap and load your dab onto the crushed quartz coil. The chamber is narrow, so I suggest using a Crossing Hot Knife to make loading directly into the middle part of the atomizer a lot easier. Only the bottom mesh pad heats up, so you have to be very accurate because your dab won’t melt if it’s on the sides of the atomizer. Since there’s no dab tool included in the kit, the Crossing Hot Knife is a great pick up and super helpful for this rig.
Once you close the atomizer and turn the Dragon Dab Rig on, you’ll see a countdown timer on the small digital screen counting down from 9.
After that, you can double-click the power button to go through the three voltage levels as indicated by 1, 2, or 3 on the screen.
- The heating on the Dragon Egg is manual, so you have complete control over how long you want to hold the power button down to a maximum of thirty seconds.
Heating Element and Temperature Control
The main feature of the Dragon Egg is the Lookah 710 Quartz Coil, which the brand calls type C. Overall it has some pretty good and efficient performance!
In my first session, I loaded in about a rice-sized grain of wax and got around seven big hits of 10-second heating cycles on the green voltage.
As mentioned, there are three voltages to choose from after two clicks of the power button:
- Green – 3.2V – Good flavor, less cloud production, dab is slower to melt and vaporize
- Blue – 3.6V – A decent mix of flavor and cloud production for experienced dabbers
- White – 4.0V – Harsh vapor with big clouds suitable for users transitioning from torch dab rigs
Lookah Egg Vapor Quality
The Lookah Dragon Egg coils can heat up quickly and pump out big clouds as they absorb your concentrate because of the porous crushed quartz it uses.
The more you use it without cleaning, the more burnt flavor you’ll have and less lifespan from the Dragon Egg vaporizer coil.
Overall, I was happy with its performance for the price tag being so low. It’s obviously not as good as the Best E-Rigs, but it’s still good.
Dragon Egg Vape Portability
One of the biggest pros about the Dragon Egg is that it can be taken anywhere.
With the mouthpiece folded back, it’s about the size of a Coca-Cola can and pretty sturdy when you place it down. Plus, it’s still pretty good when hitting it dry if you don’t have water to fill up the bubbler while traveling. Just make sure to not have water in the bubbler before you pack it in a bag or case.
Strong Battery Life
The battery life will run around twenty sessions of thirty-second heating cycles on the first or second voltage before you recharge. This is a lovely spec that makes the tiny 960mAh battery spec a bit misleading. When the screen starts to flash red, you’ll know it’s time for a charge.
- A full charge will take about two hours, and you’ll know when the LCD screen stops flashing and turns a solid cyan-blue color.
Lookah Dragon Egg Accessories & included items
Inside the kit, you’ll find the Lookah Dragon Egg Vaporizer, a spare atomizer, an owner’s manual, and a warranty card.
It’s important to note that the kit doesn’t include a USB-C charging cable or dab tool. If you’re a beginner, this is a huge downside, so consider the XMAX Qomo as an alternative.
XMAX Qomo vs. Lookah Dragon Egg
- Ceramic Coil vs Mesh Ceramic Coil
- Small Glass Bubbler vs. Good Sized Bubbler
- Three Voltages vs. Three Voltages
- 20 sessions vs. 20 sessions
- Lights display system vs. LCD screen
- $54 vs $99
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- Don’t fill the Dragon Egg Glass above the maximum line to prevent damage
- Every few uses, soak the Dragon Egg rig atomizers in 75% isopropyl to get rid of the cooked resin in the mesh
- Use soapy water to clean the bubbler and mouthpiece to prevent ruining the plastic with iso
Who’s the Dragon Egg best for?
The Dragon Egg Dab Rig is perfect for someone looking for an introductory budget E-Rig – There’s a lot of bang for your buck from the crushed quartz coil because of how far it can stretch a small amount of wax.
As a mini E-rig, it almost functions like a Wax Pen because you’ll be able to fit it into a vape case and take it with you on the go for sessions at the beach or a concert for example.
Features like the small digital display screen and preheat function make it swing about its weight class – Even the manual heating function has grown on me as I used it more and got used to having complete control over how I want it to perform.
Here are two notes for who I think it might not be best for:
- If you’re looking for even better performance, you might like The Core 2.1 as it has a big atomizer that heats its whole ceramic bowl, unlike the Dragon Egg which only heats up from the bottom
- Unique Bubbler and downstem that provides decent cooling
- Awesome design for under $100
- Magnetic Carb Cap with easy manual airflow control
- Cross-compatibility with the company’s other coils
- Good battery life
- Durable since the plastic bubbler won’t break like a glass one
- Good flavor and cloud output
- Cheap plastic bubbler
- No included USB-C charger
- Mesh coils don’t last as long as bucket coils
- Only the bottom of the atomizer heats up, so you have to load your dab right onto the bottom
- Easy to tip over, which could damage the electronics if the bubbler has water in it
Conclusion & Community Consensus
Overall, I do recommend the Dragon Egg. While it’s nowhere close to being one of the Best Electric Dab Rigs, most people have had a very positive experience with the Dragon Egg, especially since its compatibility with the coils is universal across all their other wax devices.
It is also a great transitional device for wax pen users looking to get into dab rigs. The vapor is much smoother than most wax pens!
Just make sure not to use isopropyl aside from the atomizer, as it will ruin the downstem and bubbler!
- If you want something that performs similarly to this Lookah, you might be interested in reading our list of the Best Wax Pens.
Also, be sure to check out our Lookah Seahorse Pro Plus Review if you’re still on the fence.
How do you put water in the Lookah Dragon Egg?
To put water in the Dragon Egg, you can unscrew the battery from the plastic vase and then follow the indicator showing how much water to put into the bubbler.
Can you vape flowers in the Lookah Dragon Egg?
No, you can only vape small amounts of concentrate in the Lookah 710 atomizers.
How do you clean the 510 threading on the Dragon Egg?
To clean the threading, you can run a short heating cycle with the atomizer installed to warm up the resin and make it easier to clean the connections with a Vape Cleaning Stick a few minutes after its cooled down again.
What does it mean when the Lookah Dragon Egg shows the letter H on screen?
After too many back to back sessions, or if you’re using it outside on a hot day, you might see an H on the screen which indicates overheating protection on the atomizer.