- 3 Year Warranty
- 40 Second Heat-Up Time
- Easy Digital User Interface or
- Precision Temperature Control
- Balloons or 360 degree Hookah Whip
- Conduction and Convection Heating
In stock, ships in 1-2 business days.
- 1 Is the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer worth it?
- 2 Volcano Hybrid Specs
- 3 What’s in the kit?
- 4 Key Features
- 5 Why trust our Volcano Hybrid review?
- 6 Volcano Hybrid Heating Chamber
- 7 Volcano Hybrid Precision Temperature Control
- 8 Volcano Hybrid Vapor Quality
- 9 How to Use the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer?
- 10 Volcano Hybrid Build Quality
- 11 Volcano Hybrid Tips and Tricks
- 12 Volcano Hybrid Cleaning Review
- 13 Who’s the Volcano Hybrid best for?
- 14 Who’s the Volcano Hybrid not for?
- 15 Volcano Hybrid vs Volcano Classic
- 16 Volcano Hybrid Pros
- 17 Volcano Hybrid Cons
- 18 Volcano Hybrid Warranty
- 19 Final Thoughts
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer worth it?
The Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer was released in 2019 and has become a community favorite ever since then!
Storz and Bickel are among the most respected and popular brands in the cannabis vaporizer industry – and for good reason. They are OG’s when it comes to vaping, with their original Classic Volcano being released back in 2000. They don’t release devices very often, but when they do, it’s a pretty big deal.
Desktop vaporizers somewhat faded in popularity since the Classic’s release, but the Volcano Hybrid has gained an amazing reputation for its improved features including Bluetooth connectivity, a detachable power cord, better vapor, and more.
- This is truly a desktop device worth the hype and the steep price tag. Let’s get into our Volcano Hybrid review so that you can decide for yourself!
Volcano Hybrid Specs
|Material Compatibility||Dry Herb + Concentrates|
|Battery life||Power Cord|
|Heating System||Convection + Conduction|
|Heat Up Time||90 secs.|
|Oven Size||0.5g – 1g|
|Accessories||Balloons, Whips, Capsules|
|Warranty Period||3 Years|
What’s in the kit?
- Considered to be the best dry herb vape
- Hookah Whip or Balloon Bag systems
- Powerful conduction and convection THC extraction
- Touch screen user interface & BlueTooth Application control
- Lots of session customization available
- Dry Herb and Concentrates compatible
- Very little draw resistance
Why trust our Volcano Hybrid review?
Here at Tools420, we are proud to be one of the biggest authorized retailers for Storz and Bickel in North America. As such, it’s our job and duty to give you the most up-to-date information about the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer as possible. We’ve had a truly customer-first approach since 2016 and will be more than happy to answer any questions you have on our live chat website feature.
Volcano Hybrid Heating Chamber
The Volcano Hybrid Filling Chamber is heated by, you guessed it, hybrid convection and conduction. This happens by using a combination of hot airflow through the chamber, as well as the heating chamber’s metal conduction.
The conduction occurs in the chamber due to the metal chamber ring being heated over time from the hot convection airflow. The Hybrid also features innovative new heating technology called a double helix air path to always provide a steady stream of hot air.
- You can also choose to microdose with the help of a Volcano Hybrid Chamber Reducer. Overall, it’s a great improvement from the Solid Valve kit that the Volcano Classic used.
- With the included Volcano Liquid Concentrate Pads, you’ll also be able to vape concentrates in the chamber since the mesh will allow for an even melting and prevent damage in the chamber – You’ll just have to raise the temperature a bit compared to the flower.
- You can pack as little or as much as you want with the Hybrid, all the way up to a gram if you want.
Volcano Hybrid Precision Temperature Control
The Volcano Hybrid from Storz and Bickel has a precision temperature range of 40°C up to 230°C (104°F-446°F).
This demonstrates how far we’ve come and the awesome innovations we’ve had the pleasure of seeing in the vaporizer industry, especially since the closest competition in the Arizer XQ2, will still take well over a minute for a balloon fill.
What’s the best temperature for the Volcano Hybrid?
There’s no “sweet spot” as far as what is the best temperature at which to vape with the Hybrid – it’s all up to you and the size of hits you like to take. A comfortable range that most people will enjoy is 370-390°F (around 190°C).
Volcano Hybrid Vapor Quality
The Volcano Hybrid is a device that is designed with Cannabis Vaporizer connoisseurs in mind. The flavor quality and smoothness are unmatched, and might even be better than the Volcano Classic. You can also vape your favorite concentrates with the Hybrid using the drip pad, but we think its dry herb hits are a bit better.
How to Use the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer?
With the easy valve chamber, it’s as easy as screwing the chamber parts on, and then snapping either your balloon or whip onto the nozzle.
The Volcano Hybrid features the best user interface out of all the desktop vaporizers. Unlike the older Volcano models, there are no switches or knobs on the Hybrid, because it’s operated entirely via the touch screen.
While the controls are certainly user-friendly, there can be a slight learning curve – especially if you’ve never used a dry herb desktop vaporizer before. It’s pretty easy to understand after the first few sessions, though.
Operating the Volcano hasn’t changed much in 19 years, despite its new and updated look and functionality.
- The heat button starts heating the device
- The air button delivers vapor into either your balloon or whip.
- Using Bluetooth connectivity, the Volcano Hybrid can be operated with a Smartphone app much like the Crafty Plus, which is also from Storz and Bickel.
- If you’d like to learn more about how the Hybrid works, feel free to check out the Volcano Hybrid Owner’s Manual.
Storz and Bickel Volcano App
*While the iOS app for the Crafty+ and Volcano Hybrid is still unavailable after Apple’s ban of vaping-related apps from the App Store, Storz & Bickel has recently announced their website application which can control the device’s Bluetooth functionality!
You can also use the “Bluenet” app as a way to also access the Storz & Bickel app page found here: Volcano Web App. This web app will function for the Crafty, Crafty+, and Volcano Hybrid vaporizers.
You’ll be able to control your temperature, and heating, as well as customize how you want your balloons to fill, which is known as ‘balloon workflow’.
Volcano Hybrid Portability
While the Volcano Hybrid isn’t portable out of the box, you can buy the affordable Volcano Carrying Travel Case which will let you conveniently carry it with either a shoulder strap or handle. With a variety of pockets and a thick protective layer of foam, you’ll be able to take your volcano anywhere with ease.
The Volcano Hybrid Power Supply Cord is also six feet long, so keep that in mind if you’ll be needing an extension cord where you want to set up your Hybrid.
Volcano Hybrid Build Quality
What can we say about the reinvented classic Volcano that hasn’t already been said? It looks as sexy as it ever has!
- It’s got the same measurements as the original one did at the turn of the century at 8in X 7in while still weighing about 6 pounds.
- The metal base hasn’t changed much, either – and why should it change? If something isn’t broken, there’s no need to fix it.
- The new whip is also able to swivel 360 degrees, and the new heater can make better vapor, faster.
Volcano Hybrid Tips and Tricks
- You can turn the Hybrid Bluetooth off by pressing the down and air buttons at the same time
- For easier inhales, try using the air pump while the Volcano Hybrid Whip Tube is installed
- You can wait another 30 seconds after the Hybrid reached temperature to fill your balloon bags with more potent vapor
- You can use the liquid pads as a chamber reducer if you want, as they’ll work just as well as using a dosing capsule
- Heavy users might want to have a Volcano Hybrid Wear and Tear set to stay ahead of maintenance
- Use the Volcano Normal Screen Set for normal sessions, and the Volcano Fine Screen Set when using a very fine grind or kief in the chamber
Volcano Hybrid Cleaning Review
There are a ton of accessories that come with the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer, so obviously it will require more cleaning and upkeep than a portable vaporizer.
You’re going to need to take extra care with certain delicate components, and we recommend giving the tube and balloon mouthpieces a cleaning with vape cleaning wipes every two sessions or so.
Purchasing a cleaning kit like the Zeus Purify Cleaning Kit can also help, as the ethyl will allow you to soak the whip and chamber for easier cleaning without damaging the plastics.
Who’s the Volcano Hybrid best for?
The Volcano Hybrid is considered the best for a reason as its potent balloons and hookah whip is enough for even the heaviest of cannabis users with very high THC tolerances.
You’ll be able to take your potent balloons around the house and get higher than you ever have.
If you can afford it, there is nothing that comes close to it in terms of build quality and vapor output.
Who’s the Volcano Hybrid not for?
If you’re on a budget, you’ll most likely be just as happy with an Arizer Desktop Vape for a quarter of the price. While they won’t perform as well as the Hybrid, you’ll still be able to get awesome sessions in through their hookahs and balloons. You can read more about that comparison here: Arizer XQ2 vs Volcano Hybrid.
Volcano Hybrid vs Volcano Classic
- The Hybrid’s heat-up time is 90 seconds compared to the Classic’s 3 minutes
- The Hybrid has a whip and balloon compatibility compared to Classic’s balloon-only system
- The Hybrid has a BlueTooth Application
- The Hybrid precision temperature vs. the Volcano Classic’s heat dial
- Improved easy valve system
- Volcano Hybrid $600 vs. Volcano Classic $430
Volcano Hybrid Pros
- Powerful convection and conduction THC extraction
- Very fast balloon air pump
- 360 rotatable hookah whip
- Programmable balloon-filling app
- Amazing manufacturing quality
- Dosing capsule compatible
- Great for sharing
- Easy touchscreen UI
Volcano Hybrid Cons
- Expensive price tag
- Air pump is loud
- Not portable
- Six-foot power cable
- Balloon Bags will need to be replaced
Volcano Hybrid Warranty
Storz and Bickel have one of the best warranties in the business as the Hybrid will be covered for three years. After your warranty expires, you’ll still be able to ship your Hybrid out for repairs to their headquarters in Germany.
The good news is that Storz and Bickel tend to design their devices to last, as long as you take good care of them.
To conclude, the Volcano Hybrid is very expensive and complicated to use, so it’s not going to be good for newbies.
On the other hand, for people trying to quit smoking or people whose tolerance is higher than their portable vaporizer can provide, the Hybrid is also a great option because of how efficient and hard-hitting it can be with your cannabis.
Like the other units from the Storz and Bickel brands, the Volcano Hybrid is so unique and in a class of its own. For this reason, there’s not much to compare it to – We consider it to be the Best Desktop Vaporizer.
If you want a more affordable desktop vaporizer, maybe check out the Arizer XQ2. You will sacrifice vapor quality, features, and accessories, but you will pay a lot less for a desktop vaporizer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to connect volcano hybrid to the app?
To connect your Volcano Hybrid to the app, simply have your Hybrid turned on and access the web app on a nearby BlueTooth-enabled phone or computer
How to turn Volcano Hybrid off?
Although there is no definite way to turn the Volcano Hybrid off, the heat button is essentially the power button. To turn the Volcano Hybrid off completely, you’ll need to unplug the power cord.
How to clean a volcano hybrid filling chamber?
After knocking out as much flower debris from the chamber as possible, you can use a vape cleaning wipe to remove any resin buildups from the chamber.
Is the Volcano Hybrid safe?
The Volcano Hybrid uses a ceramic-lined chamber that is 100% safe. Its sister device, the Volcano Medic 2, is even medically certified.
What does Volcano Hybrid mean?
Conduction + Convection = Hybrid. As this unit also looks like a volcano, the name Volcano Hybrid fits it perfectly.
How to Microdose in the Volcano Hybrid?
To microdose in the Volcano Hybrid, there are three methods to choose from. You can either load a small bit into the chamber as normal, use a dosing capsule with a chamber reducer, or you can use the liquid mesh pad as a chamber-size reducer.
What type of grind is best in the Volcano Hybrid?
A medium grind works best in the chamber for the best possible airflow, as well as less clogging of the chamber screens with herbs and resin.
Can you use Kief in the Volcano Hybrid?
You can use kief in the Volcano Hybrid, but you’ll want to be using the liquid mesh pad to not damage the heating chamber. A temperature of around 380 degrees Fahrenheit will also provide the best flavor without any burning of your kief.
How to reset the Volcano Hybrid?
You’ll be able to factory reset your Volcano Hybrid by holding the heat button for over ten seconds.
How to fix Volcano Hybrid BL-000 error
If you’ve neglected to update your Volcano Hybrid’s firmware for quite some time, a new update has been giving people problems where the user interface will ‘BL-000’, leaving your device unable to operate. To fix this problem, turn on your computer’s Bluetooth and pair it with your Hybrid through Storz & Bickel’s web application. The following update will have your device working as normal!